Pages

Lolla-Looove

Music festival weekend is sleep deprivation weekend for me, yet I regret none of it. Webcasts are the best for me in discovering/hearing artists I've never really listened to before. And I love of Chicago's time zone isn't a huge pain. I didn't have to wake up at 2 or 3am to see some of my favorites.

Day one was great, starting with Metric (who was in Singapore just a few days ago). Bummed they didn't play Gimme Sympathy, but not too much because I loved it when they ended with Stadium Love.

I also heard The Head and The Heart for the first time, but wasn't able to give much attention to it. Got a bit busy making breakfast. Then I caught a bit of The Shins, which was good, but I kept picking them over everything, so I decided to pass on that and go for Band of Skulls. Which didn't turn out to be so bad, because Band of Skulls was great. So was Sharon Van Etten, which makes me wonder why I've never heard of her before, because her songs are exactly the kind of music I'd normally listen to.




I was very excited for Day Two to happen because the webcast lineup was brilliant, and I was willing to wake up at 4am for Neon Indian, The Temper Trap, FUN., The Weeknd, Bloc Party, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Avicii. Unfortunately mother nature had other plans. And I hate to say it, but the weather disturbance was a blessing in disguise. Got myself three more hours of sleep thanks to that. At least the webcast resumed in time for RHCP and Avicii. Of course I'd pick Red Hot Chili Peppers. And it was worth the wait! There's always a wave of nostalgia mixed with awesome with their set. And this has to be said: Flea was ADORABLE.

And then it was Day Three at last. I admit, it took some effort to get out of bed, with the rainy night and cold air. But reminding myself I'd be watching Franz Ferdinand, one I've always loved but never saw perform on stage before was enough to get me out of bed and to the computer.




Even if they only showed the highlights (boooo!!!!!), it was worth getting out of bed at 5am. I love them. Also got to watch Toro Y Moi for the first time. And they were great.



Shame I never got to catch them live when they were in the country early this year. Next, was my favorite for life, Florence and The Machine. And when did she ever disappoint?! Her set was magical.


Quickly switched channels after her set to see Miike Snow, which was such fun. Childish Gambino, closing the stream, is on as I type. No screenshots of the last two sets tho, the video feed is crap at this hour. At least the stream isn't failing. Better crap video than nothing, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment