Pages

Young Blood

I've been a fan of hers since I heard her cover of Bon Iver's Skinny Love on an episode of The Vampire Diaries. And it's just unbelievable that a voice like this comes from a fifteen year old!


If you happen to be in Europe (or the UK), her debut album is out and you may want to get a copy via iTunes. For the rest of us who can't get a copy just yet, we'll have to listen to her preview right here:


Covering The Postal Service will always have my attention, and with Birdy, it certainly has my love. Her version of it was absolutely beautiful. So beautiful I had goosebumps the entire time and was almost all teary. It's one of my favorite The Postal Service songs, and she certainly did it justice. The choice of songs to cover, to me was flawless. They may not be the typical songs a girl her age would probably sing or listen to, but that's exactly what makes her debut album so beautiful. I actually love how she comes in so different from artists her age that are breaking into the industry. I just wish she could at least have one happy song in her collection of sad and emotional covers. Or more original songs than covers. Despite my love for well-done covers, I'm still a bit iffy about listening to an album filled with covers. But they're still beautiful. I may have a copy of this added to my collection soon. She had me at Skinny Love and The District Sleeps Alone Tonight. Which I can't stop listening to right now.

In case you're a little lost, or want to check out the original versions of the songs vis รก vis her covers, here's a track list and links.

No comments:

Post a Comment