|Made a spin-off based on the cookbook's cover.|
|My Chicken and Mushroom Penne. Pretend serving size. Had two helpings!|
|List of ingredients <3|
- About 4-6 tablespoons parsley, minced. (You can add more, if you wish)
- 9 grams Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 8 Strips of Chicken Thigh Fillet, Sliced into small squares
- 500 grams dried penne
- Three 225 grams packs of chunky tomato sauce
- half teaspoon of Basil
- Two small bell peppers, sliced
- Four cloves of garlic, minced (Or crushed, I prefer eating them in tiny pieces, rather that huge intimidating chunks)
- Four tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), and One teaspoon butter
- One tomato, sliced (you can add more tomatoes, depending on your taste)
- Cook your penne according to package instructions. Just in case, that's pouring that pack of pasta in a sauce pan filled with boiling water and half a teaspoon of salt. Once al dente, drain the pasta, and set aside.
- In a heated large pan, pour the EVOO, butter, chicken, and garlic. Once the liquid from the chicken starts to dry up, add the mushrooms, bell peppers, basil, and tomatoes. Once your tomatoes begin to peel, pour in the tomato sauce, and add one cup of water. Remember to stir continuously!
- Once your sauce begins to boil, add the pasta, and mix mix mix till every piece is evenly coated. Serve with love. And cheese. Parmesan or Cheddar, your pick. I used cheddar instead, since it's cheaper.
Mum loved it so much she packed some and sent it to my grandmother's that night. Hopefully they liked it too. But we'll find out soon enough. My dad loved it when we had that for dinner.