Pages

Music to my ears

The weekend before easter has been LEGEN...wait for it...DARY! My ears have never been happier. It all started on Friday night with the Taken By Cars album launch. Their album Dualist is out now, so go get yourselves a copy! Heard good music from Flying Ipis (don't let the quirky name get to you. I WANT their album!), The Camerawalls, Techy Romantics (also love), and Pedicab.
Pedicab

Pedicab. Ooh! And that magic glare thanks to that mirrored wall.
Taken By Cars


Taken By Cars

Taken By Cars

Taken By Cars
We've been standing for hours just chatting, drinking, and hearing them awesome bands play. I love good music. And theirs was so good! I love hearing good local bands on a Friday night. But of course, with me in high heels, and a long walk ahead, we found some pretty good excuses to sit down for a while.
The obligatory mirror photo. Me and Shelly in boots!
Faux band photo on the curb.

I ended up home at 3am the next day, only to be up three hours later (why body, why???) to get lunch and everything else ready before seeing The Script live. You can tell with these photos how FAR AWAY we were from the stage. So close, yet not close enough. But that didn't stop us from singing our lungs out! The euphoria was insane! NEVER in my life have I been to a concert where everyone seems to know all the words and never stopped singing along or screaming. It was goosebumps galore everytime I hear the crowd sing.

Over 16,000 people at the Araneta! The view was cray.

Allow me to geek out on how glorious their lighting was. Especially on their Inro (You Won't Feel a Thing), and the first part of Science and Faith. It was so good, there was a part of me that wished I was somewhere closer, my good gear in hand snapping away in the chaos.
Intro - You Won't Feel A Thing | Photo taken from "We Want The Script to come back in Manila" facebook page

Photo by Jep SeƱir (http://jeplokmusicphotos.blogspot.com/2011/04/script-live-in-manila.html)
Photo from http://railroadsinreverse.tumblr.com/
I do wish they'd keep their word about coming back. There are thousands expecting their return. So much love, these lads have. You should've seen their faces during the show. There's this huge smile on them that won't go away. Good job, Manila!

No comments:

Post a Comment