Pages

Favorite Music Videos of 2013

Tis the season for making lists and an infographic, so I'm starting with my favorite music videos released this year. I'm every bit a visual person. Much so, that I'm best at remembering faces, and completely crap at remembering names. Or keeping track of my age. Because it's a number. And I'm not always fond of numbers. But that's another matter.

Paramore - Now
February 2013

So much has happened to Paramore between Brand New Eyes and their 2013 self-titled release, and this felt so much like the best video to greet your fanbase with after such crazy times. I love the choreography and the smoke bombs, and the war theme going on in the video. I do remember keeping it on repeat while impatiently waiting for their new album to be out.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sacrilege
March 2013

Something about this song just sounds so darn sexy, and the video for it was perfect. Showing it in a non-linear way makes it all the more interesting.

Franco - To Survive
November 2013

While most of my music and music video fix comes from surfing the internet, I stumbled upon this gem while randomly channel surfing. Not gonna lie, when I saw this on myx, I cried.

Panic at the Disco - This is Gospel
August 2013

As tempting as it is to also include Girls/Girls/Boys in this list, This is Gospel just can't not be here. I've kept it on repeat for days, possibly weeks. I seem to be a sucker for heartbreak songs and well choreographed videos. Which is the very reason why I've also watched the behind the scenes video for this one over and over.

Up Dharma Down - Luna
August 2013

There's always such beauty in simplicity. I've always had a soft spot for black and white videos, and this music video for UDD's Luna really is perfect for the track. Took ages to finally see the video on youtube, but the wait was well worth it.

Coco Rosie - Child Bride
July 2013

This video has the perfect mix of beauty and creepy. The cinematography was stunning, great contrast from the creepy feeling I get watching a little girl singing in that voice. Exactly Coco Rosie's style of avant garde.

Ólafur Arnalds - Old Skin
February 2013

This music video was a fruit of Genero's film making competition (which I tried to be part of, but you know, long story). Although I have my favorites in the site's entries, this winning video was just amazing. It's no surprise, since great music will never not inspire great visuals, or a video much like this one.

Lorde - Team
December 2013

Dark alt-pop artist, Lorde has come such a long way since Royals finally made it big this year. What I love about this music video is the modern medieval street feel of it. What with the jousts, the castle, and the queen.

Zedd - Stay the Night
September 2013

Directed by Cloud, the same person behind Now and This Is Gospel, he's quickly turned to one of my favorites this year. Clearly his specialty involves some fantastic choreography. Also fancy the transitions in the video.

Thirty Seconds to Mars - City Of Angels

October 2013

The band's love letter to Los Angeles also happens to be one of the most touching music videos I've seen this year. The pursuit of dreams can be quite the journey. Something I can personally relate to.


x
Henri

No comments:

Post a Comment