Pages

The next best thing


Weekend 1 of Coachella just wrapped, and I am still reeling from what I've witnessed thanks to their web stream. I missed Day 1, meaning I missed Grouplove, M83, The Black Keys, and a long list of other favorites. But Day 2 made up for it when I got to watch The Shins, Bon Iver, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Noel Gallagher, Radiohead, and Kasabian. I've always enjoyed The Shins, and they were brilliant, as expected. Bon Iver was much better live than I've expected! Day 3, ending just a few hours ago, was the best. I was looking forward to Gotye and Florence and the Machine. But thanks to technical difficulties, the Gotye stream didn't push through. But the Florence and the Machine set made up for it. That, and Coachella bringing Tupac to life! It was the most fantastic way to end the weekend. I missed it, of course, being the non hip-hop lady that I am. I also blame my internet. And the need to catch up on Game of Thrones. Bless the Starks.


What I love the most about not being at Coachella is being there in spirit for two days. Hopping from one stage to the other in just a click is most convenient. Except of course when two of your favorite acts are playing at the same time. I can only imagine what it would be like being there. And in the words of The Shins' James Mercer, "Believe the hype." The lineup was insane, and they certainly lived up to it. I even found new favorites! I hope they stream the next weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment