Pages

Hello October!


The month of September has gone so fast, I don't even know what happened! I've been juggling so much work the last four weeks that all I managed to blog about was those live streams from Live Music Week, and The xx's new album. Did you get your copy yet? I swear, it's really really good. One more thing I accomplished last month was setting up an iTunes store account. Now I don't have to go out to get a copy of albums. It is a double edged blade. Now I've been spending so much money on new music. So far, my music purchases have been worth every hard earned and hard-to-come-by peso.

I've recently discovered Noah and The Whale when I briefly caught Live From Abbey Road on TV the other week. Fell in love with their song L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. Their last album, Last Night On Earth was quite different from their earlier albums, and that's probably why I love it so much. Their earlier work was too folk for me, and their 2011 album just had the right mix of pop-rock and folk to make me keep it on repeat.

Another recent music purchase is this remix of Night of the Hunter by none other than 30 Seconds to Mars' drummer, Shannon Leto. I've kept it on repeat a bunch of times since it dropped, and played it at crucial moments of the day: When I need waking up. Which happens often. It's been a while since the band has released anything. Not since Hurricane in 2010/2011. They are working on a fourth album right now, and I've heard a few teasers from VyRT, and it makes me nothing but excited about it.

Also just landing in my hard drive was Two Door Cinema Club's latest album, Beacons. After keeping Tourist History on repeat early this year, I had such high expectations of it. Sadly, it doesn't live up to expectations. But it's not a terrible album either. It's quite fun. I'm hoping that after listening to it again a bunch of times, it'll grow on me.

Kimbra, le girl crush fo lyfee, has also released a new music video this month. Or last week. As the most fashionable mental patient working it in the fiercest fashion forward mental institute in history. What is not to love about her?

Another favorite of mine, Marina and the Diamonds, also recently released a music video for How To Be a Heartbreaker.

Obviously I have a thing for the fabulous and weird ladies in music. Especially the cheery ones.

Work has kept me sleep deprived for weeks, so I guess that explains how lost I am with the days. But that doesn't make me any less excited for this month! I've recently joined a music photography workshop, and am getting to shoot a gig this week. I'm hoping this would be the start of me going to gigs, and concerts, and taking photos of it often. I've been wanting to do this since I saw Fall Out Boy in Manila in 2007. I've put this off for far too long. October is pretty exciting from where I'm standing, and I can't wait! For now, a quick nap is in order.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Sure! I love your post on studs and spikes, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on gfc.
    Do you also follow me on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back again.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your visit!
    I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin now!
    Have a good week! I wish you good start for your blog!

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete